Your privacy is important to Certus Pest Control (“us” or “we” or “our”), and we are committed to respecting it. The following is intended to advise you of the limited ways that we may collect and use the information provided to us as a result of your visit to our site and communications with us.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect the following personally identifiable information (PII):
- When you contact us, whether by phone, email or otherwise, for a quote or in connection with our services, we will collect PII including your name, phone number, address, billing information, and any other information you provide.
- If you call us for a quote or in connection with our services, we may also record the telephone conversation to track the performance of our marketing services and for quality assurance purposes. If the telephone conversation will be recorded, you will be notified before the conversation begins.
- During the course of your visit to our website, we may collect PII such as your name, email address, address, and/or IP address and use it to track your site activity, session length, and user experience. This information may be shared with third-party vendors who serve ads to you on our behalf.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PII
If you provide us with PII, we may retain the information to assess the performance of our advertisements and services. We also may use PII to ensure compliance with our policies and applicable law. We will not sell or share your PII with any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes.
We or third-party entities with whom we contract to perform or serve advertising or marketing may use your PII for the following purposes:
- Enter into a contract with you for services;
- Execute services in accordance with our contact with you;
- Provide payment services, including invoices, receipts, late payment notices, etc.;
- Identify you to provide account maintenance or services;
- Allow you to complete online forms and respond to them;
- Provide promotional content including via mail, email, or telephone;
- Perform market studies;
- Utilize cookies to analyze website use and improve upon it;
- Comply with legal obligations and laws.
WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR PII
We may utilize other businesses to perform certain services for us, and PII may be provided to those businesses when that information is necessary for them to complete a requested service or otherwise perform their duties. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect PII on our behalf.
We reserve the right to disclose PII in circumstances when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring or respond to legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other visitors, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities, or for our general business, accounting, record keeping and legal functions. We also reserve the right to disclose visitor information when we believe in good faith that it is required to comply with the law, legal obligations, or by any legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and regulatory or law enforcement requests.
If you do not wish to have information collected via cookies, you should be able to modify your browser preferences. By choosing to reject cookies, you may be unable to use certain website services, such as those that require a login in order to participate.
In addition, we may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or other similar means to deliver personalized and useful information upon your next visit. Pixel Tags allow us to gauge whether a user has opened an email or clicked on an advertisement.
Cookies and Pixel Tags may also be used by third-party vendors, including Google, to serve ads to you based upon your current or previous use of this website. These ads may appear in any number of places and are not limited to this website. This service may also collect information regarding the use of other websites, apps and online resources.
We may use information collected from cookies to serve advertising to audiences similar to you based on information you have shared.
OPTING OUT OF COOKIE USE
If you do not wish for cookies to be used for advertising or remarketing purposes by a third party, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative and opt out. In addition, you may also control the use of device identifiers by changing the settings on your mobile or desktop device.
You can learn about Google’s practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and you can opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Certus Pest Control does not knowingly collect, use, process, disclose, or maintain PII from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that any child under the age of 13 has provided PII through this website, we will delete this information.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
In this section, we provide information for California residents, as required under California privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Categories of personal information (as defined in the CCPA) that we collect and disclose:
Our collection, use and disclosure of personal information about a California resident will vary depending upon the circumstances and nature of our interactions or relationship with such resident. In general, we may (i) collect and (ii) disclose for a business purpose, the categories of personal information described in the “WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?” section above, with the persons and for the purposes listed in the “WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR PII” section above.
Categories of Personal Information Sold:
The CCPA defines a “sale” as disclosing or making available to a third-party personal information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. While we do not disclose personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation from such third parties, we may disclose or make available the above categories of personal information that we collect to business partners and third parties so they may contact you with information, products and services. We also may make certain categories of personal information available to third parties, in order to receive certain services or benefits from them, such as when we allow third party tags to collect browsing history and other information on our Sites to improve and measure our ad campaigns. This includes (a) identifiers such as a real name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address; and (b) internet or other electronic network activity Information, including without limitation browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
California Residents’ Rights:
Subject to certain exceptions, California law grants California residents certain rights and imposes restrictions on particular business practices as set forth below. We will respond to requests from California residents to the extent required by the CCPA.
- Do-not-sell: California residents have the right to opt-out of our sale of their personal information by submitting a request as set forth below. In addition, you may opt out of our sale of personal information to participating third party ad companies at: https://www.privacyrights.info/. We do not sell personal information about residents who we know are younger than 16 years old without opt-in consent.
- Notice before collection: We are required to notify California residents, at or before the point of collection of their personal information, the categories of personal information collected and the purposes for which such information is used.
- Request to delete: California residents have the right to request, at no charge, deletion of their personal information that we have collected about them and to have such personal information deleted, except where an exemption applies. We will respond to verifiable requests received from California residents as required by law.
- Request to know: California residents have the right to request and, subject to certain exemptions, receive a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about them in the prior 12 months and to have this delivered, free of charge, either (a) by mail or (b) electronically in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily useable format that allows the individual to transmit this information to another entity without hindrance. California residents also have the right to request that we provide them certain information about how we have handled their personal information in the prior 12 months, including:
- categories of personal information collected;
- categories of sources of personal information;
- business and/or commercial purposes for collecting and selling their personal information;
- categories of third parties/with whom we have disclosed or shared their personal information;
- categories of personal information that we have disclosed or shared with a third party for a business purpose; and
- categories of third parties to whom the residents’ personal information has been sold and the specific categories of personal information sold to each category of third party.
California residents may make a Request to Know up to twice every 12 months, at no charge. We will respond to verifiable requests received from California residents as required by law.
California residents may submit requests under the CCPA online at [insert URL] or at the phone number set forth in “HOW TO UPDATE, MODIFY, OR REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” below.
We will respond to verifiable requests received from California residents as required by law. The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California residents for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
HOW TO UPDATE, MODIFY, OR REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To update, modify, or delete your PII, please contact us:
835 Central Ave N D-132, Kent, WA 98032